1. Executive Summary
This report describes the conformance of the Greenacre Pre-school Web site with W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 1.0. The review process is described in Section 5 below and is based on the W3C's Conformance Evaluation method as described in Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility.
Based on this evaluation, the Greenacre Pre-school Web site meets WCAG 1.0, Conformance Level Double A. Detailed review results are available in Section 6 below. Resources for follow-up study are listed in Section 7 below. Feedback on this evaluation is welcome.
Conformance evaluation of Web accessibility requires a combination of semi-automated evaluation tools and manual evaluation by an experienced reviewer. The evaluation results in this report are based on evaluation conducted on the following date(s): 17/12/2012. The Web site may have changed since that time. Additional information on the evaluation process is available in Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility.
- Greenacre Pre-school
- URL's included in review
- Auto: www.greenacrepreschool.org/index.php
- Auto: www.greenacrepreschool.org/contact-us
- Reviewed manually: www.greenacrepreschool.org/about-us [Form labels]
- Date review conducted: 17/12/2012
- Natural language(s) of Web site: English (UK)
- Name of reviewer: Jeremy Griffin
- Organization: http://www.technology4turnover.co.uk
- Contact via: http://www.technology4turnover.co.uk
- Website design and social media specialist
- Natural language: English national
- Conformance was tested, e.g. WCAG 1.0 Double A
- Used WCAG 1.0 checklist (essential)
- Evaluation tools utilised:
- Summary of review results
- This Web site is close to meeting WCAG 1.0 Level Double A.
- Accessibility features in which this site is strong include heading hierarchy and alt tags.
- Detailed results, structured according to WCAG 1.0 Checklist
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
- Checklist for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
- Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
- Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility
- Evaluation, Repair, and Transformation Tools for Web Content Accessibility
- Selecting and Using Authoring Tools for Web Accessibility [draft]
- Review Teams for Evaluating Web Site Accessibility [draft]